Our School Curriculum
An ambitious curriculum, bespoke to the pupils at our school, is the key to developing curious, lifelong learners. At Grimsargh St Michael’s Church of England Primary School, 5 GOLDEN THREADS weave through all teaching and learning and are central in the development and delivery of our curriculum across all subject areas, each of which is focused around 3 BIG IDEAS.
Fostering children’s curiosity stimulates a desire to learn that both enriches and equips them with the skills, values and attitudes needed to find their place in modern Britain and the wider world. Children acquire deep and meaningful cultural knowledge and explore a broad range of subject knowledge and skills to prepare them for life beyond school.
Children’s learning is driven by high expectations to support academic achievement. However, our curriculum is also our most important tool in allowing the children to ‘let their lights shine’. Our children will have opportunities to develop and shine on the stage, on the sports field, and in our school and local community, all of which will enable them to evolve into positive and active citizens.
- Authenticity- by engaging pupils through real life, inspiring stimuli, we strive to ensure learning is as authentic as possible, whether this be inside or outside of the classroom.
- Vocabulary– by immersing pupils in tier 3 vocabulary across all subjects, we aim to help children understand what they read and to confidently speak, listen and communicate their opinions.
- Diversity– as a predominantly white British school we feel it is of paramount importance that we develop our pupils’ understanding of different faiths.
- Resilience– through providing challenge and new opportunity, we aim to develop our pupils’ resilience.
- Christian Values– by focusing on one value each half-term, we aim to prepare our pupils for life beyond school.
Click on the links below to help you understand more about our curriculum.
|History||Geography||Physical Education||Art||Design Technology|
|PSHE and RSHE||French||Music|