Reception – New Starters
Hello to all children and families of our new Reception class for 2022!
I’m really looking forward to meeting you all at our induction evening on Thursday 9th June at 6pm, and I especially can’t wait to meet our new class of 2022 at our induction afternoons on Tuesday 5th, Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th July!
At our induction evening, we will be delivering a presentation to give you lots of information about your child starting in September, and answer any questions you may have. You will be able to meet our EYFS team of myself: Miss Lemmings, and the teaching assistant Miss Begbie. You will also be able to meet the Headteacher, Mr Booth, and our Nurture and SEN lead Miss Smith.
At our induction afternoons, your child will have chance to meet the rest of their class, to explore our areas, develop relationships with peers and teachers, and start to feel what it’s like to be in Reception class!
Please find below a video of a tour of our EYFS classroom for you to watch to with your child so that they can see our classroom before they visit in July, and then in September. This will help them to see what their classroom will look like, and some of the different areas of provision that they will be able to play in.
Please also find below some documents that you can be reading in preparation for September.
- Getting Ready to Start School: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/children-education-families/early-years-childcare-and-family-support/family-support/getting-ready-to-start-school/
- Our Home School Agreement: Home School Agreement
- Some fun activities!: https://hungrylittleminds.campaign.gov.uk/
- EYFS Parent’s Guide: EYFS_Parents_Guide-amended
- Am I School Ready? Posters. 1: School Readiness Poster 2: Am I ready for school poster
- School uniform price list from Mary Frances: St Michaels list A5 2021 (1)
- Phonics sounds video I created to help learn sounds at home: https://www.loom.com/share/ed12a56385664a3bba2fdd6ac1ca4d7e
- Here is a short video of some of our current Reception class talking about the things they like about being in Reception that your child will enjoy next year! (Apologies – this will be made available by Wednesday 25th May)
- Here is our EYFS classroom tour! (Exciting news – our outdoor area is getting updated over the Summer Holidays so that will be revealed in September. But here is our indoor area!) (Apologies – this will be made available by Wednesday 25th May)
See you soon! Miss Lemmings, Reception Class Teacher 🙂