At Grimsargh St Michael’s, we deliver Road Safety Training to all our pupils. The aim of the training is to allow our children to become familiar with their local area and reduce child pedestrian casualties in Lancashire.
Road Safety Objectives:
- Encourage and develop skills required to cope in traffic environment as a pedestrian.
- To reinforce appropriate pedestrian behaviour.
- To enable children to develop strategies to make decisions in on-road situations.
- To develop awareness amongst parents, teachers and carers of issues relating to child development and their ability to comprehend and deal with the traffic environment.
- To become safer pedestrians through practical experience in the traffic environment.
Our Programme is delivered in 3 stages:
EYFS (Summer – June)
Stage 1: Other people, safer places, stop, look, listen, crossing.
Year 1 (Spring – Feb, March)
Stage 2: Stop, crossing, other people.
Year 2 (Autumn – October)
Stage 3: Look, listen, safer places.
At St Michael’s, we invite parent volunteers to help us to deliver this training. Without volunteers we would not be able to deliver these important lessons. Thank you for your continued support.