Grimsargh St Michael’s Church of England Primary School is a Voluntary Aided Primary School.
It was founded in 1809 to serve principally persons resident in the Grimsargh area.
The school was transferred to its present site in September 1968 and was extended by the addition of the Derwent Building in 1974. Recent years have seen a growth in the number of pupils in school.
In order to accommodate this growth, an extension was completed in November 1999 and a further extension completed in February 2004.
The school provides education for children between the ages of four and eleven.